So, as you may know, last weekend the game moved from Tom’s server, where it had been hosted for the last few years, to our server, where it immediately got a couple dozen or so different updates applied, both fixing long broken things and adding in smaller new features.
That’s not to say that the server move was entirely smooth, though. One of our updates to the game was glitchy, an update to some of the code the game is reliant on broke a few pages, and I discovered that I, Andrew, don’t know how to setup an email server as well as I thought I did.
That said, I’d like to do a bit of a post mortem here for any future Symfony developers out there who run into the same situation I did, and if you’re curious what exactly happened, read on. Otherwise, I’ll take more about the game itself and it’s future in a later update.