So, we’re super happy to report that Might & Fealty’s first big update, which we call the “To Your Positions” update, or more boringly: 1.0.3; has gone live to the game yesterday, with only a couple hiccups so far (because no update survives first contact with the production server).
This update adds a ton of new features to the game’s existing Realm systems: Continue reading “Our First Big Update: “To Your Positions””
So, the server move is done, and while we’ve yet to iron out the last few kinks, we are actively working on things. First and foremost, game breaking bugs. Secondly, bugs we can understand enough to work on. Third, new features and additions. And yes, in that order.
The biggest bugs we encountered was of course the mail issues, which I’ll not cover again. Beyond that, there was a bug we introduced to heraldry where if your character had a spouse that did NOT have a heraldry, it’d prevent you from loading the page to select any. We added a rule to only care about spouse heraldry if said spouse actually HAD heraldry, which fixed that.
There is another error that we believe was introduced by an update to the underlying framework the game runs on (our research indicates Symfony 2.7.33 itself, rather than one of it’s dependencies–for the record, the game used to run on Symfony 2.7.7). This particular error causes a bug in the character sorting functionality for each player.. You should see the fix live in game now.
Beyond that, well, is everything and anything. Continue reading “What’s Next?”
So, the last week or so has been spent trying to smooth out the database import process. When the current M&F database is imported to a different server’s database, the code for the website encounters an error when loading some pages. I’ve worked around this before, but I’ve never gotten a good solid fix down, probably because I’ve never properly documented what I did. I just kept trying things, and eventually it just worked.
My efforts of late have been to document what does and doesn’t work. I’ve got three different sets of instructions that do not resolve the problem. And literally in the middle of typing this, literally between this sentence and the last, I figured out how to fix the major errors I’d been having. I don’t understand why they were a thing, but they’re fixed. Not that it was really a thing that needed “fixing”, it’s more there was a step I didn’t realize I needed. Continue reading “The Last Week’s Efforts”