The Upcoming 1.1 Update

“Andrew, why haven’t you added more features yet?” you might ask.

Because the next update, the 1.1 build, isn’t called 1.0.5 or 1.0.4.5 for a reason. It’s not small. In fact, it’s the largest single update to Might & Fealty since I’ve taken over coding. It might be the single largest update to Might & Fealty since its launch, save maybe the Lendan towers (but they were later removed).

Yeah, it’d be really easy to make this update just add a way to designate realm capitals. In which case it would’ve been complete like a month or two ago. But I want to add capitals as feature-complete. That means what I want to put into the game, isn’t a staged-release. I want you to see as many of the parts of this update that exist in my imagination now, as possible, as soon as any individual part of it is pushed live. The only exception to that being player complexes, which would probably push this update back a few MORE months.

Continue reading “The Upcoming 1.1 Update”

The Last Week’s Efforts

So, the last week or so has been spent trying to smooth out the database import process. When the current M&F database is imported to a different server’s database, the code for the website encounters an error when loading some pages. I’ve worked around this before, but I’ve never gotten a good solid fix down, probably because I’ve never properly documented what I did. I just kept trying things, and eventually it just worked.

My efforts of late have been to document what does and doesn’t work. I’ve got three different sets of instructions that do not resolve the problem. And literally in the middle of typing this, literally between this sentence and the last, I figured out how to fix the major errors I’d been having. I don’t understand why they were a thing, but they’re fixed. Not that it was really a thing that needed “fixing”, it’s more there was a step I didn’t realize I needed. Continue reading “The Last Week’s Efforts”