So, the server move is done, and while we’ve yet to iron out the last few kinks, we are actively working on things. First and foremost, game breaking bugs. Secondly, bugs we can understand enough to work on. Third, new features and additions. And yes, in that order.
The biggest bugs we encountered was of course the mail issues, which I’ll not cover again. Beyond that, there was a bug we introduced to heraldry where if your character had a spouse that did NOT have a heraldry, it’d prevent you from loading the page to select any. We added a rule to only care about spouse heraldry if said spouse actually HAD heraldry, which fixed that.
There is another error that we believe was introduced by an update to the underlying framework the game runs on (our research indicates Symfony 2.7.33 itself, rather than one of it’s dependencies–for the record, the game used to run on Symfony 2.7.7). This particular error causes a bug in the character sorting functionality for each player.. You should see the fix live in game now.
Beyond that, well, is everything and anything. Continue reading “What’s Next?”
So, I’ve not been keeping good on my wanting to post something here when I get something done, and I apologize for that, but progress is continuing.
The test server, which I’ll henceforth refer to as “Valengard”, is nearly fully operational. There are a handful of bugs left to squash before I let Tom know that we’re good whenever he’s good and I put in a request for a second server to host the live game on. Continue reading “Nearly Fully Operational”
So over this last week, we’ve been pretty busy figuring things out and fixing things and figuring out what we were missing and maybe even fixing another long-time error in M&F.
Firstly, we’ve managed to identify several places where how forms were rendered ended up resulting in extra greater than signs, ‘>’, being scattered about. I think we’re up to five now, that we’ve corrected.
Past that, thanks to some assistance from Anaris from the BattleMaster development team, hierarchy and family trees will now render on the test server. I was apparently missing an application called graphviz. Telling my server to install it solved the problem right promptly. Continue reading “One Week Later”
If you’re seeing this, that means you’ve successfully reached our new home with LemuriaCommunity.org! Or rather, you reached the home of the NEW LemuriaCommunity.org, would be much more accurate.
We’ve not quite set that up yet, but we’ll get there.
So, you may be wondering: “Why?”
Well, that’s an easy thing to answer. Because our old hosting plan couldn’t handle M&F in all it’s glory. We managed to hit the memory limit trying to install it, so we could have a proper test server. 😀
So we’re on a new plan, on a different server, that has the added benefit of fewer restrictions! This means that we’ll be able to do other cool things that we couldn’t before (like host our own chat server) and we’ll be able to do other things even better.
And with all that new space, we’re expanding the MaFFans project to include BattleMaster and Black Forest and [explorers] and whatever other silly thing Tom cooks up next.
We also took a moment to swap to maffans.org as the primary from mightandfealtyfans.org, because it’s easier to type places. Never fear though, we’ll still have it setup so that if you type the secondary, it’ll do a wild-card redirect to the primary. We’ve no intentions on getting rid of that anytime soon either. 🙂