Sometimes, I’m sitting there playing the game, when I start to realize that there’s something I can fix pretty easily that if I fix it, would greatly improve some aspect of the game.
This update’s target? Player Retention. Continue reading “Mini-Update Released! Version 220.127.116.11 – “Welcoming Committee””
So, the last week or so has been spent trying to smooth out the database import process. When the current M&F database is imported to a different server’s database, the code for the website encounters an error when loading some pages. I’ve worked around this before, but I’ve never gotten a good solid fix down, probably because I’ve never properly documented what I did. I just kept trying things, and eventually it just worked.
My efforts of late have been to document what does and doesn’t work. I’ve got three different sets of instructions that do not resolve the problem. And literally in the middle of typing this, literally between this sentence and the last, I figured out how to fix the major errors I’d been having. I don’t understand why they were a thing, but they’re fixed. Not that it was really a thing that needed “fixing”, it’s more there was a step I didn’t realize I needed. Continue reading “The Last Week’s Efforts”