The Upcoming 1.1 Update

“Andrew, why haven’t you added more features yet?” you might ask.

Because the next update, the 1.1 build, isn’t called 1.0.5 or 1.0.4.5 for a reason. It’s not small. In fact, it’s the largest single update to Might & Fealty since I’ve taken over coding. It might be the single largest update to Might & Fealty since its launch, save maybe the Lendan towers (but they were later removed).

Yeah, it’d be really easy to make this update just add a way to designate realm capitals. In which case it would’ve been complete like a month or two ago. But I want to add capitals as feature-complete. That means what I want to put into the game, isn’t a staged-release. I want you to see as many of the parts of this update that exist in my imagination now, as possible, as soon as any individual part of it is pushed live. The only exception to that being player complexes, which would probably push this update back a few MORE months.

Continue reading “The Upcoming 1.1 Update”

Unified Combat System

So, it partially began as a thought exercise to see if I could figure out what you’d need to do to make BattleMaster use Might & Fealty’s combat script. Eventually, I got to the point where I wanted to see if I could put my thoughts to paper (or computer, as is the case), and that happened today.

Until we think of a better name, I’m calling it the Unified Combat System, and the goal is to have it work for both M&F and BM. Continue reading “Unified Combat System”

Quiet but Busy!

So, a lot’s happened over the last month or so that I haven’t mentioned here, but I figured it’s time we did a proper update on what’s happened lately.

Firstly, and probably most importantly development-wise, I’ve gotten the M&F source code to actually run. And it’s not as hard as I was making it out to be with that multi-part guide. Now that I know how it’s done though, I’ll get around to make a right and proper guide soon. There’s still one last thing we need to have a playable (and thus truly usable) test server, the map data. I hope to have that handled in the next week.

Secondly, I’ve setup hosting for the server that will soon be hosting M&F, as well as it’s project tracker and, ideally (when I find one), translation tool. The server is intended to be as close to the current server’s configuration as possible. If everything goes well, we could be talking about a server move as soon as, well, this month, perhaps.

Continue reading “Quiet but Busy!”