So, it partially began as a thought exercise to see if I could figure out what you’d need to do to make BattleMaster use Might & Fealty’s combat script. Eventually, I got to the point where I wanted to see if I could put my thoughts to paper (or computer, as is the case), and that happened today.
Until we think of a better name, I’m calling it the Unified Combat System, and the goal is to have it work for both M&F and BM. Continue reading “Unified Combat System”
So, a lot’s happened over the last month or so that I haven’t mentioned here, but I figured it’s time we did a proper update on what’s happened lately.
Firstly, and probably most importantly development-wise, I’ve gotten the M&F source code to actually run. And it’s not as hard as I was making it out to be with that multi-part guide. Now that I know how it’s done though, I’ll get around to make a right and proper guide soon. There’s still one last thing we need to have a playable (and thus truly usable) test server, the map data. I hope to have that handled in the next week.
Secondly, I’ve setup hosting for the server that will soon be hosting M&F, as well as it’s project tracker and, ideally (when I find one), translation tool. The server is intended to be as close to the current server’s configuration as possible. If everything goes well, we could be talking about a server move as soon as, well, this month, perhaps.
Continue reading “Quiet but Busy!”